About this guide
This guide will guide you through the process of setting up EBANX as a payment gateway on your Shopify store as well as covering some additional items such as Digital Marketing data and common troubleshooting scenarios.
Availability per Country
The following table details which Checkout experience is available for each country we process in Shopify.
|Brazil||Checkout via EBANX||Transparent Checkout *|
|Mexico||Checkout via EBANX||Transparent Checkout *|
|Colombia||Checkout via EBANX||Transparent Checkout *|
|Chile||Checkout via EBANX||Transparent Checkout *|
|Argentina||Checkout via EBANX||Transparent Checkout *|
|Uruguay||Checkout via EBANX||Transparent Checkout *|
|Peru||Checkout via EBANX||Redirect Checkout|
|Ecuador||Checkout via EBANX||Redirect Checkout|
|Bolivia||Checkout via EBANX||Redirect Checkout|
How it works
Follow the steps below to setup EBANX as your payment provider on Shopify:
Install Checkout via EBANX
- Open the link for install Checkout via EBANX;
- Enter the link to your Shopify store to proceed;
- Complete the installation.
Configure Checkout via EBANX with your Integration keys
- In your Shopify administrative panel click on “Settings” then select “Payments”.
- Into the “Payment providers” screen, you’re going to scroll down until you see the “Chose alternative payment method” button and click over it.
- In the page has loaded you’re going to search for Checkout via EBANX and click over them.
- Next, you’ll need to get your Public Integration Key, as well as your EBANX Shopify Key, both available at the Integration section of your EBANX Dashboard.
- With the keys, return to the Shopify configuration page, insert the keys and save.
Set up Form Options
- Click on “Settings” again, then on “Checkout” to set your Form options as the image below and save.
Configuration for selling physical goods in Brazil
Important to know: This additional step is mandatory for Brazil. In case your Shopify store does not have this option, you do not need to do anything else at this step.
Since January 2020, the Brazilian Tax Authorities require all imported packages to document the Brazilian customer identification number (CPF or CNPJ). If you sell products that require shipping to Brazil, please follow this last step or else your products won't be properly delivered.
If your store has the Enable CPF/CNPJ field flag already checked, please remove it. Do not worries, CPF/CNPJ will be requested as normally at your checkout.
- Stay on the same page (Settings> Checkout), scroll to the bottom of the page. In the Checkout Language configuration click on Manage Checkout Language.
- Change the Optional company label field to CPF and save this page.
Test your new integration
Lastly, access your store and go through a regular purchase flow in order to confirm that the gateways that you’ve just installed are appearing as payment options. In the case they are not, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for support.
We hope this article was enlightening, but in case we’ve failed to take out your doubts you have the following options to keep on seeking for answers:
- If you’re not our partner yet and would like to know more about our prices and conditions please fill ou this form and our comercial team will get in touch with you.
- In case you’re already our partner please get in touch with our support team at email@example.com.
- Alternatively, you can check our FAQ at the end of this page for further questions.